Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A New Day


I hesitate to even blog about what is going to be yet another attempt to lose weight. I wish I could say that this time I know for sure I won't fail. I am not even sure that right at this moment I have the resolve NOT to go to the pantry and find something to eat in the next 30 seconds, let alone stay on a diet for any length of time.

Here's what I do know....I have to do something. At this point any little something is better than what I've been doing...which is eating whatever I want. Thanks to giving in to those urges I've managed to put on all the weight I'd lost when I was sick-30 lbs. That's a lot of weight. I mean seriously...it's a toddler!

I would like to blame it all on the Prednisone. I'm sure that hasn't helped. And I'm sure that it also hasn't helped that my joints have been so miserable that just going up the stairs was an effort. It was much easier to walk to the pantry or the refrigerator! But it's not all the drugs or my joints. It's really my brain. It's giving in to impulses and not even trying to resist them.

So...with all that said, I've started a New Day....again. And here's the thing...every day is a new day and every day I can essentially start again. There will be mistakes made but I need to just keep moving forward. I have to account for the little successes.

Yesterday's success was going to the grocery store and using my Weight Watchers points calculator AND not buying any junk food. I really really wanted to...but I didn't and I had to give myself a little pat on the back.

Last night and the night before we went for a walk. Moving is essential. I need to do that too. I might not have walked a mile but at least I got out. I also swam laps last night at the pool. Not anything significant but again...I moved.

Today's success so far, I ate a good breakfast. It wasn't cookies or chips or a bagel with cream cheese.

Happy New Day.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think to myself...oh I will start to eat better next Monday or after such and such happens. I have to remind myself that today is just as good as any other day! Keep up the positive attitude! You will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Rennie, you and I are so much alike! I have been thinking over the past few days that I need to move more, get back into resistance training, and eat more fruits and veggies. Now I have someone who I know that will be making positive changes with me!

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement girls!

    ReplyDelete