Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dinner

I recovered from not eating lunch earlier in the day and did make myself sit at 2:00 and eat a salad and a lean cuisine BBQ Chicken Pizza! It was fabulous!

Tonight for dinner I made my Award Winning Turkey Chili, each serving has about 4 WW points so I'm still ok. I can even add some toppings if I want.

Here is the recipe.


1 to 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
1 can (16 oz) kidney or pinto beans, undrained
1 can (16 oz) stewed tomatoes
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
2 Tablespoons each...chili powder and dried onion
1/2 teaspoon each...garlic powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, black pepper and salt.

Spray large saucepan or Dutch oven with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium high about 30 seconds.

Crumble ground turkey into saucepan. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.

Add remaining ingredients plus 1 1/2 to 2 Cups water, stir thoroughly. Cook on medium-high heat *15-30 minutes.

Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, green chilis, onions, black olives if desired.

Oh PS...I really did win a prize for this at a chili cook off! It's not really very spicy but you can add more spice if you like.

I estimated that this recipe makes 6 servings which would calculate into 4 Weight Watchers points per serving as long as you omit the toppings.

**I also double the amount of beans because I like beans.
*I typically cook mine for at least an hour on LOW so that the flavors really mix together.

After dinner I will still have 7 points left for the day but I probably won't use them since I ate like a fiend over the weekend without tracking my points!

No comments:

Post a Comment