Friday, October 23, 2009

Sticking with the Fairy Tale Theme

Actually it's an Aesop's Fable.

Apparently slow and steady wins the race. I have had to keep repeating that to myself this afternoon.

Today I got on the scale and showed a 1.2 lb loss. I swear it would have been a little more but instead of my light summer Capri pants and summer blouse, I wore sweat pants and a short sleeved shirt. I did take off my socks...pathetic...they weigh what... an ounce? But every stinkin' ounce counts people!!!

Isn't that something skinny people just don't think about? Their brains are totally different when it comes to the scale. I'm standing there in the reception area of Weight Watchers taking off my jacket, my shoes and then my socks. If I could have taken off my bra and thought I'd get another ounce off I might have done that if it wouldn't have been so totally awkward for the rest of the people standing there.

Maybe they need to have a little room where you could actually take off all your clothes and weigh naked like I do in the morning. Oh and when I weigh, I have to make sure that I haven't had breakfast or even a drink of water, that I've used the restroom and emptied my bladder and if the planets align my bowels too. That's too much 411 for you isn't it? Sorry but I guess you don't have to read this blog to begin with so...

Anyway...honestly I was a little disappointed. Earlier in the year I was seeing losses of 4 pounds, 6 pounds, 3 pounds per week. It helped me stay more motivated. But then I was working and I wasn't home with all the food surrounding me.

I still need to make better food choices. I am a total carbaholic...I love breads, cookies, granola bars, stuff like that. Even the Weight Watcher stuff that I've gotten is mostly sweet. So even though I'm only having a 1 point caramel and chocolate bar it's still not the best choice. I think maybe this week I'll make my food like I did when I was working. Pack a lunch and put it in the refrigerator.

I got some B-12 today at Target. I hear it helps your metabolism. Anything to help at this point.

Next week's goals...
1. Do better at tracking my food.
2. Make better choices on filling foods like fruits and vegetables.
3. Meet Richard Simmons in my living room at least 4 times during the week.
4. Drink all the water I can stand.

Onward and downward, I would have said onward and upward but that's not really my goal!

I hope to see less of me next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment